I would like to discuss the topic of courtesy and kindness today. The society is certainly missing a lot of this as of late. It has been a long time coming. It is due to mostly people just being lazy. They won’t take a few extra seconds out of their lives to help someone or be courteous to others because it involves a little bit of effort on their part.
Here’s the dictionary definition of courtesy I got from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/courtesy
- Main Entry: 1cour·te·sy
- Pronunciation: \ˈkər-tə-sē, British also ˈkȯr-\
- Function: noun
- Inflected Form(s): plural cour·te·sies
- Etymology: Middle English corteisie, from Anglo-French curteisie, from curteis
- Date: 13th century
1 a : courteous behavior b : a courteous act or expression
2 a : general allowance despite facts : indulgence <hills called mountains by courtesy only> b : consideration, cooperation, and generosity in providing something (as a gift or privilege); also : agency, means —used chiefly in the phrases through the courtesy of or by courtesy of or sometimes simply courtesy of
Our world and direct society and community can be so much more better if people would just take the time of day to help someone else out for a moment.
Here is a a small list of ideas for courtesies and kindness.
- If you are going to be late, tell the person who is waiting for you
- Hold the door for another person at a store, bank , and etc,.
- Say hello to someone you normally wouldn’t say hello to
- Donate that loose change you have to chairty
- Offer someone help if they seem to be struggling with something, and if they don’t take it, that’s ok because at least you took the time to notice them
- Smile more at people
- Allow someone to pull in front of you while driving. Don’t be a road hog all the time.
- Offer a neighbor a ride if you see them walking somewhere.
- Help your fellow students in class if they need some help.
- Simply noticing someone a lot of the time is a wonderful thing.