Today’s blog in on the proper mental attitude for the martial artist/people in general. The mental aspect of martial arts and in life is a huge factor why people succeed or fail. This is pretty much an undisputed statement as you cannot argue against it. Your mind is one of the most important things you got. Without it you would not be able to do anything that you do on a daily basis. You would not be able to make the right or wrong decisions, you wouldn’t be able to learn, you wouldn’t be able to survive.
But my blog is really not about that. Today’s blog is about having the proper mental attitude to ensure you succeed in life. However you need to know what I mean about success in life in general. I am not talking about success in the financial area, or in athletics department or anything that is superficial like that. Yes they are all nice things to have and if you have them, you probably worked really hard for them. Be proud of what you have achieved. Success to me in life is about being healthy, being happy, having good friends, being family oriented, and things along that line.
Now how does one achieve or know that they have the proper mental attitude to be successful in life. Well I am going to list below the attributes of the proper mental attitude and you can see for yourself if you are on the right track or do you need to work on something. And to be honest we all know that we all need to work on something. No one is perfect and if you are looking for that perfect person or think you are perfect, you are sadly mistaken and will be looking for a long long long time.
List of Attributes – Being courteous and respectful to everyone and to yourself
– Choosing not to hurt yourself or others in ways such as mental, physical, and spiritual abuse
– Knowing the difference between right and wrong and doing the right thing regardless of the outcome
– Being loyal and being there for your friends and family
– Striving to improve the equality of life for yourself and others
– Continuing to learn something new everyday
– Having the discipline to get done what needs to get done whether you like it or not
– Striving to have a positive attitude about everything in life, it’s okay to be negative sometimes but the positive needs to outweigh the negative
– Being active in the community in which you live in
– And finding any others ways to make everything better, this list could go on but I think you need to do some thinking as well
Well I hope you got something good from this blog. I hope you have found some good things you have, I hope you have also found something that you can improve upon. Mu goal for today’s blog is to inspire a little positive change in everyone that read it. I hope we all strive to improve ourselves and lead others by setting a positive example.
Master Jonathan Field
P.S. I want everyone to wish Master Chip Townsend good luck as he test for his 6th Dan Black Belt in Taekwondo on Dec 4th at his school in Abilene Texas. His truly lives up to the attributes of the proper mental attitude.