It’s been a little bit since I blogged last. Been busy around here with a bunch of different things going on. I want to hit on 3 topics today.
Topic #1 – I was just checking my blog stats and it appears that I had 251 readers on my blog on February 15. That’s kinda cool.
Topic #2 – The word of the Week for the past two weeks has been EFFORT.
Here’s what I found on the online Webster dictionary.
: conscious exertion of power : hard work <a job requiring time and effort>
a serious attempt : try
<making an effort
to reduce costs>
: something produced by exertion or trying <the novel was her most ambitious effort>
: effective force as distinguished from the possible resistance called into action by such a force
: the total work done to achieve a particular end <the wareffort>
Examples of EFFORT
- He put a lot of effort into finishing the project on time.
- It wasn’t easy, but it was worth the effort.
- We need to expend more effort.
- The job will require a great deal of time and effort.
- Our success is due to the combined efforts of many people.
- Her efforts were rewarded with a new contract.
- He lost the campaign despite the best efforts of his supporters.
- Even though they didn’t win, the team made a good effort.
- Her early efforts at writing a novel were awkward.
- Despite my best efforts, I never found out who she was.
Origin of EFFORT
Middle French, from Old French esforz, esfort,
to force, from ex-
First Known Use: 15th century
To me effort is so importnat to every aspect of everyday life. We need to put 100% effort into everything we do in order to excel or to improve in any given area of our life. Examples would be to be a better teacher, student, wife, husband, child, worker, athlete, friend, and etc,. Effort is to care about what you do and not just go through the motions. Effort is using time wisely. We need to make an effort in being happy, to be positive and not negative. We need to put forth effort in how we treat other people. Effort is what separates us from our average self and put us at a higher level personally.
Topic #3 – Last topic is I made a second video of the Supreme Fitness Kickboxing. This new video is on youtube and just shows the workout the kickboxers did in a more complete manner. I like the first video better but this one is nice too. Enjoy.
Master Jonathan Field