Good Morning Everyone
Here is some tips for the 2013 Black Belt Candidates to help them prepare for their June grading.
- Keep up to date with all your physical requirements on a daily basis. Don’t fall behind in anything.
- Start at a moderate training level and build up the intensity as grading gets closer so you don’t burn out early.
- Try to peak around the first of JUne so you are well prepared for your grading in mid June
- Remember there is Saturday morning classes for the candidates at 7:15am to 8:15am as well as Sunday mornings at 8:30am to 9:30am. These are great classes for working your conditioning and getting some of your physical requirements out of the way.
- Don’t forget we have fitness kickboxing available for any of you 12 years old or over. These are great classes for your cardio, push ups, squats, sit ups, and kicking requirements.
- Start and finish all your other projects early. Don’t let everything to the last minute.
- If you need any help or have questions ask your mentor. They are here to help you.
- Make sure all your techniques are super clean. Watch the black belts that have the super clean techniques and try to follow in their example.
- Nutrition is a key factor in conditioning. Clean up your eating habits. Need some help, please ask me.
- Take this grading very seriously. If you are not up to par there is a chance you may not pass.
- When you are in class take it seriously. No small chat. You do not have time to talk and get better at the same time.
- As Black Belts or future black belts you have to set a positive example for others to follow. Others should look to be more like you. Take that responsibility seriously.
- Focus on remembering everything you are suppose to know without thought. You need to know your stuff inside and out.
ALso I am currently working on a project that should be of great help and benefit to everyone. I strongly urge you to take part and utilize it when it becomes available shortly.
Once again your Black Belt Prep classes are every Saturday at 7:15am and Sunday at 8:30am for a hour or so each.
That’s it for today
Master Jonathan Field