Perception, everyone sees the same things differently.
Some can look at something and dislike it while others can look at the exact same thing and like it.
Some can see a situation as bad meanwhile another group can view the same situation as being good.
Why is it that we all can have a different perception on the exact same thing?
It can be a number of factors such as;
- past experiences with similar situations or things
- how someone has learned to view that thing or situation
- lack of knowledge for the situation or thing
- a person’s emotional state at that moment
- a person’s emotional state from the past
- someone’s thinking process
- someone’s overall attitude whether being positive, negative, or neutral
- other people being involved and influencing a person
- and many many more….
What we need to do is take into consideration all these factors when dealing with someone who perceives something different than you and try to see if you can meet in the middle grounds. Not allowing your view point or the other’s view point to overshadow everything. Believe that both sides are valid and try to come up with a solution that benefits all.
Master Jonathan Field