Why is attending sparring classes important? For many reasons really.
- It helps develop your reflexes
- Teaches you proper mental, physical, and emotional control
- Teaches you how to use your skills on a live opponent(partner)
- You become use to physical contact
- Good test of endurance and cardio when under stress
- Builds your confidence
- Teaches you to be focused on the present moment
- Teaches you to use strategy
- Gives you a sense of challenge
- Allows you to try your techniques out in a controlled and safe manner
And the list can go on and on.
A good sparring class is a very fun exciting class for most. Over the years I have played with many different ways to run a sparring class and I have come across a style I really enjoy because the students are enjoying it and are getting more benefits from it. I am seeing improved sparring in a short time and more smiles during and at the end of sparring classes.
I hope to see more students out for the Thursday sparring classes as well as the Saturday morning sparring class. Let’s have some fun!
Master Jonathan Field