Taekwondo is a way to:
– Improve self discipline through hard training and practice
– Develops confidence through many small successes that build up to greater successes
– Learn self defense through learning various techniques such as strikes, joint manipulations, throws, sweeps, and etc,.
– Improve physical fitness through all the various training in bodyweight exercises, cardio exercises, and the various techniques and drills of Taekwondo
– Improve ones’ memory through learning various techniques and patterns
– Clear the mind through teaching one to focus only on the task at hand
– Control ones’ emotions through various training drills that will test you physically and mentally
And I can go on and on about the difference ways Taekwondo training can help people. One just has to allow it to happen through keeping an open mind, having a positive attitude, and a willingness to work hard.
Master Jonathan Field